With the cost of everything going up in recent history including Gas, Health Care, etc. - Green and other alternative solutions are going mainstream.
Career Builder even put out an article stating the ‘Green Collar Jobs‘ ARE the future. Our kids and young adults are leading us in to a more sustainable future with their thoughts and ideas every day.
But, let’s take a moment to consider this. How neat would it be:
- To have a Grocery Store within less than a mile from the house where you could walk or bike and actually make it a fun outing for the family?
- The Community you lived in created its own power and water?
- The homes within that community were SO healthy that you would even qualify for a Premium Health Care Plan at half the cost your employer can offer it for?
- The homes also had the technology features where you would not have to sacrifice lifestyle?
- What about if you could work in the same environment? Maybe just walk across the street to work?
- Even better, what if all of this was in the suburbs at a Reasonable Cost?
Something like this would be considered a Transit Oriented Community but GREENER!
Too good to be true? Well, who knows. I would never say never. Could something like this be just around the corner for Houston?